My experience has primarily been with Python on the backend and in cloud environments. My recent work has been working on IaaS infrastructure and building content platforms. I also serve, in my spare time, as President of the Board of Directors for the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (the global governing body of roller derby, a 501(c)(3) non-profit).
Amazon Web Services, Ansible, API Design, Chef, Containers, Continuous Integration/Development, Docker, Django, Flask, Linux, MySQL, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Python, React.js, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Terraform
2020–Present Principal Software Engineer Oracle (San Francisco, CA)
- Designed and launched a critical project enabling operations and support documentation in disconnected regions on-time within a tight timeframe.
- Enabled localization and automated translation delivery for the OCI Documentation site.
2017–2020 Senior Software Engineer Oracle (Oakland, CA)
- Set standards for CI/CD automation and improved lifecycle process for the team.
- Migrated several services to full container automation and CI/CD lifecycles, Terraform based infrastructure deployments, and better compliance.
- Re/designed core publishing pipeline, GraphQL API backend, and content deployment services.
2020–Present Board of Directors President Women's Flat Track Derby Association (Austin, TX)
2018–2020 Board of Directors Vice-President Women's Flat Track Derby Association (Austin, TX)
2017–2018 Board of Directors Member Women's Flat Track Derby Association (Austin, TX)
2015–2017 Software Engineer Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA)
2014-2015 Software Engineer Piston Cloud Computing (San Francisco, CA)
- Piston Cloud Computing was acquired by Cisco Systems in June 2015.
- Worked on an automated cloud-init based installer, reservation, and testing system for virtual and baremetal machines catering to Cisco hardware and networking.
- Led a small team building a prototype for baremetal deployments utilizing pixiecore.
- Built a declarative transformation framework to deploy containerized workloads.
- Managed and contributed to the public api project for CloudOS OpenStack orchestration.
- Added the installer for PaaS framework Stackato to Piston Cloud OS.
2008-2017 Technology Officer Women's Flat Track Derby Association (Austin, TX)
- Led a team of 40+ volunteers planning, architecting, and supporting all development and technical strategy for a non-profit organization consisting of 400+ leagues with over 18,000 global members.
2006-2014 Senior Developer Workstate (Columbus, OH)
- Architected and redesigned an existing Rails application improving statistical analysis and automating the deduplication of legacy data for migration.
- Worked with a small team to develop and optimize a vibrant iOS game using Cocos2d.
- Implemented an optimized static site to strict design standards set by Victoria’s Secret and developed automated build and deployment scripts for Akamai-based hosting.
- Contributed to the MoMA redesign, building the frontend for the ticket and payment processing in Rails against a Java backend using an internal API.
- Worked with nonprofits on small but effective sites built around custom interactions for their clients, statewide organizations and state legislators in Django and Wordpress.
- Built a Java/TestNG harness to integrate Selenium into an existing build process in order to provide a user-friendly way to contribute to a massive content overhaul.
2006 Adjunct Assistant Instructor New York University, Interactive Telecommunications Program (New York, NY)
- Developed and taught a course on agile web practices using Ruby on Rails in an intensive six week summer session.
2005-2006 Resident Researcher New York University, Interactive Telecommunications Program (New York, NY)
2004-2005 Consultant Ford Foundation (New York, NY)
2003-2005 CIT Special Programs New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (New York, NY)
2002-2003 Arts Computing Assistant UC Santa Cruz Arts Division (Santa Cruz, CA)
New York University
Master of Professional Studies 2005, Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
University of California, Santa Cruz
Bachelor of Arts 2003, Computer Science
Bachelor of Arts 2003, Film & Digital Media
Harvey Mudd College 1998-2000, Computer Science
2003-2005 New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, Dean's Fellowship
2003 UC Santa Cruz, School of Engineering Comprehensive Exam Honors
2000 Harvey Mudd College, Dean's List (Spring)